[Linux-cluster] clvmd does not create vgs

Michael st0rm2oo3 at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 4 10:12:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

we are curenty using cman, clvmd and drbd. The problem occurs when we want to create volume groups. DRBD shows that both nodes are UpToDate. So first I try create a Physical Volume:

[root at node1 log]# pvcreate /dev/drbd/by-res/repdata
  Physical volume "/dev/drbd/by-res/repdata" successfully created

[root at node2 tmp]# pvs
  PV                      VG         Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  /dev/VolGroup00/storage            lvm2 --     1,14T 1,14T
  /dev/sda2               VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   557,62G    0
  /dev/sdb1               VolGroup00 lvm2 a-     1,09T    0

Well, /dev/VolGroup00/storage created on both nodes. Fine. Next I want to create a Volume Group:

[root at node1 log]# vgcreate storage_cluster /dev/drbd/by-res/repdata
vgcreate storage_cluster /dev/drbd0
  Clustered volume group "storage_cluster" successfully created

[root at node1 log]# vgs
  VG              #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  VolGroup00        2   3   0 wz--n- 1,63T    0
  storage_cluster   1   0   0 wz--nc 1,14T 1,14T

[root at node2 tmp]# vgs
  VG         #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  VolGroup00   2   3   0 wz--n- 1,63T    0

Hmmm... there is no vg on node2. I restart the whole server but still no vg visible. What could be wrong?

We're using Centos 5.4 with all patches installed.

cman-2.0.115-1.el5_4.9
lvm2-2.02.46-8.el5_4.2
lvm2-cluster-2.02.46-8.el5_4.1

Thanks in advanced and best regards,