[Linux-cluster] clvmd does not create vgs

Michael st0rm2oo3 at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 8 12:14:33 UTC 2010

no suggestion?

Thanks

----- Ursprüngliche Mail ----
Von: Michael <st0rm2oo3 at yahoo.de>
An: linux-cluster at redhat.com
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 4. März 2010, 11:12:51 Uhr
Betreff: [Linux-cluster] clvmd does not create vgs

Hi,

we are curenty using cman, clvmd and drbd. The problem occurs when we want to create volume groups. DRBD shows that both nodes are UpToDate. So first I try create a Physical Volume:

[root at node1 log]# pvcreate /dev/drbd/by-res/repdata
  Physical volume "/dev/drbd/by-res/repdata" successfully created

[root at node2 tmp]# pvs
  PV                      VG         Fmt  Attr PSize   PFree
  /dev/VolGroup00/storage            lvm2 --     1,14T 1,14T
  /dev/sda2               VolGroup00 lvm2 a-   557,62G    0
  /dev/sdb1               VolGroup00 lvm2 a-     1,09T    0

Well, /dev/VolGroup00/storage created on both nodes. Fine. Next I want to create a Volume Group:

[root at node1 log]# vgcreate storage_cluster /dev/drbd/by-res/repdata
vgcreate storage_cluster /dev/drbd0
  Clustered volume group "storage_cluster" successfully created

[root at node1 log]# vgs
  VG              #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  VolGroup00        2   3   0 wz--n- 1,63T    0
  storage_cluster   1   0   0 wz--nc 1,14T 1,14T

[root at node2 tmp]# vgs
  VG         #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  VolGroup00   2   3   0 wz--n- 1,63T    0

Hmmm... there is no vg on node2. I restart the whole server but still no vg visible. What could be wrong?

We're using Centos 5.4 with all patches installed.

cman-2.0.115-1.el5_4.9
lvm2-2.02.46-8.el5_4.2
lvm2-cluster-2.02.46-8.el5_4.1

Thanks in advanced and best regards,