[Linux-cluster] GFS Tuning - it's just slow, to slow for production

Corey Kovacs corey.kovacs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:53:57 UTC 2010

Alan,

What are you using for backend storage? I did some minor tuning for my
EVA8100 and went from 200MB/s to 550MB/s. Also, by default, plocks are set
to some rediculously small number, 100 if I recall. You can rais or
eliminate that limit fairly easy. That seems to help as well.

If people know more about your hardware, it'll help in finding what knob to
turn.

-C