[Linux-cluster] GFS Tuning - it's just slow, to slow for production

Alan A alan.zg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:17:14 UTC 2010

Application is single threaded application that handles cgi-bin calls from
Apache, opens up file for writing and writes data. We can have up to 200
concurrent sessions on single application instance hitting the GFS mount. We
noticed major slowdown once we pass 30 concurrent users.

We can run 10 instances of this application on 8 threaded server without any
problem in non-GFS environment, yet I can't get 40 users due to GFS slowing
down Apache page refresh.

--
Alan A.