[Linux-cluster] Shared storage across clustered VMs?

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Thu Mar 4 17:27:16 UTC 2010

Jeff Karpinski <jeff at 3d0g.net> a écrit :

> Our assigned Red Hat engineer was on-site today and pointed out the
> blindingly obvious solution. Can't believe I didn't think of it: Run
> NFS as a clustered service and have the VMs mount that. That way ANY
> system - even outside of the cluster - can also access the data.

NFS is a much simpler solution. A few days ago, I was supporting NFS
instead of a cluster FS for a classroom, in a LTSP setup. But one
drawback could be that without any high-availability solution, the
server becomes a SPOF. Or do you have a Netapp filer^W^W a server
providing high availability ? Any thoughts on this ?