[Linux-cluster] Unable to start modclusterd service

Parashar Singh parashar.singh2003 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 05:53:53 UTC 2010

Hi
I am new to Linux Clustering. For testing purpose I have created two Linux
Servers, and installed following packaged in both of them

1st Server: oddjob, oddjob-libs, modcluster, ricci, luci
2nd server: oddjob, oddjob-libs, modcluster, ricci

Also in 1st server I have successfully started ricci service, and
successfully initiated luci service and started it.
In second server I have started ricci service.
But in both servers I am unable to start modclusterd service.

[root at localhost ~]# service modclusterd start
Starting Cluster Module - cluster monitor: Setting verbosity level to
LogBasic
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at localhost ~]#

Also From Luci Admin console, when I am trying to create a cluster comprise
of both Servers then Its ends in a while with no message and created cluster
does not appears in cluster list. But both servers are listed in Homebase
and storage tab.
I am unable to figure out problem.