[Linux-cluster] Starter Cluster / GFS

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Sat Nov 20 15:22:14 UTC 2010

Another question comes to mind.

For my services that will require a dedicated volume/file system, Am I
obligated to use gfs ? Services exemples in the docs refers to gfs, ext3/4
exemples seems to refer to local drives.

Can I make a volume group on my san, and many lv in that vg and mount a ext4
lv on one node and another lv on another node ? All being on the same drives
?

Next, I've also begun to play with service in cluster.conf. I successfully
made a quick service like this :

<rm>
 <resources>
  <clusterfs device="/dev/mapper/GFSa-GFSa" force_unmount="1" fstype="gfs2"
mountpoint="/GFSa" name="GFSa" options="noatime"/>
 </resources>
 <service autostart="0" exclusive="0" name="example_server"
recovery="relocate">
  <clusterfs ref="GFSa">
   <ip address="192.168.110.75" monitor_link="on" sleeptime="10">
    <script file="/GFSa/RichelieuWebServer/apache2/bin/apachectl"
name="example_server"/>
   </ip>
  </clusterfs>
 </service>
</rm>

It's working pretty well. There's not much documentation for the ressource
manager, I wish to know more about the expected behaviour of the script in
regard of status, etc.