[Linux-cluster] Starter Cluster / GFS

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Sat Nov 20 17:56:13 UTC 2010

> For my services that will require a dedicated volume/file system, Am I
> obligated to use gfs ? Services exemples in the docs refers to gfs, ext3/4 exemples seems to refer to local drives.
>
> Can I make a volume group on my san, and many lv in that vg and mount a ext4
> lv on one node and another lv on another node ? All being on the same drives
> ?

I'll just respond to myselft in part. I beleive that using gfs2 in a cluster environement is safer in the event that a filesystem would be mounted on several node, for whatever reason. Am i right ?

Another question in that regards, as for the number of journal to create to a gfs filesystem. Do I need a journal per node or per node that will use the filesystem ?

Thanks again,
Nicolas