[Linux-cluster] HA agents (cluster scripts)

Ofer Inbar cos at aaaaa.org
Wed Sep 15 17:14:25 UTC 2010

Cleber Rosa <crosa at redhat.com> wrote:
> >>#bash -x<script>  <arguments>.
> >
> >This won't work.  The interface between the resource manager and the
> >resource agent script is more than just "run the script".  It includes:
> I've never run into issues where a testing "script resource" sys-v like
> script (redundancy intended!) in a shell resulted in  behaviour
> different then one running under rgmanager.

That's the key difference: You're referring to SysV/LSB scripts used
by the "script" resource agent that is supplied with the cluster
software; the original poster on this thread, however, asked for
information about writing a custom resource agent script (IOW, not
using the "script" resource, which takes a standard SysV/LSB init
script and uses it as is).
  -- Cos