[Linux-cluster] Question with RHCS and oracle

Jankowski, Chris Chris.Jankowski at hp.com
Wed Apr 20 01:35:44 UTC 2011

Marcelo,

The paper you mentioned is now 6 years old.  Quite a bit has changed in RHEL  CS and Oracle DB since.

If you need RAC and you are doing this for a living, I recommend that you invest in these two books:

For Oracle 11g (published in 2010):
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Oracle-Database-11g-Linux/dp/1430229586/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303262530&sr=1-1

For Oracle 10g (published in 2006):
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Oracle-Database-11g-Linux/dp/1430229586/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303262530&sr=1-1

Each has 800+ pages of very solid information.

However, as always with books, they are obsolete the day they are published.  Oracle 11g R2 RAC is covered in the first book in one chapter only.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Chris Jankowski