[Linux-cluster] Specifiying interface for cluster traffic

klusterfsck at outofoptions.net klusterfsck at outofoptions.net
Sun Aug 14 04:31:46 UTC 2011

Quoting Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>:

> On 08/13/2011 02:53 PM, klusterfsck at outofoptions.net wrote:
>> I saw an example config for this but seem to have misplaced the link.
>> Anyone help me on this?  I need to have the cluster traffic over the
>> hardwired link so that it doesn't go through the switch.
>>
>> Thank You
>> Ken
>
> That depends largely on what kind of cluster you're talking about.
>
> --

It is a two machine cluster running drbd on a dedicated link.  We had
a UPS fail during a power bump and the and the two machines decided
they were no longer joined.  I saw a configuration for routing cluster
communications over a dedicated link.  I want to do this with the drbd
link since the write capacity of the drbd sync is less than the link
bundle.  Basically take the switch out of the communications loop
except for the outside traffic.

Thanks.
Ken