[Linux-cluster] Specifiying interface for cluster traffic

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Sun Aug 14 04:57:47 UTC 2011

On 08/14/2011 12:31 AM, klusterfsck at outofoptions.net wrote:
> Quoting Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>:
>
>> On 08/13/2011 02:53 PM, klusterfsck at outofoptions.net wrote:
>>> I saw an example config for this but seem to have misplaced the link.
>>> Anyone help me on this?  I need to have the cluster traffic over the
>>> hardwired link so that it doesn't go through the switch.
>>>
>>> Thank You
>>> Ken
>>
>> That depends largely on what kind of cluster you're talking about.
>>
>> --
>
> It is a two machine cluster running drbd on a dedicated link.  We had a
> UPS fail during a power bump and the and the two machines decided they
> were no longer joined.  I saw a configuration for routing cluster
> communications over a dedicated link.  I want to do this with the drbd
> link since the write capacity of the drbd sync is less than the link
> bundle.  Basically take the switch out of the communications loop except
> for the outside traffic.
>
> Thanks.
> Ken

Sorry, I meant which cluster software are you running? DRBD alone? Red
Hat Cluster Services? Corosync + Pacemaker? Heartbeat + Pacemaker?

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"