[Linux-cluster] question about Fabric fencing in GFS2

Ning.Bao at statcan.gc.ca Ning.Bao at statcan.gc.ca
Wed Feb 23 18:49:58 UTC 2011

Hi

I am very new to GFS2. When I am reading GFS2 docs, I have noticed
fabric fencing method. If I understand correctly, fabric fencing
requires cluster node would be able to login into the SAN switch to
disable ports. Does such kind of access put admin password of the SAN
switch  in cluster.conf in clear text? If yes, it could be a bad idea
for storage admins, If not, does storage admins need create a special
account which can only disable the ports for the particular host?

Thanks