[Linux-cluster] clean_start in combination with post_join_delay

Michael Neubert post at michael-neubert.de
Mon Jul 18 11:57:58 UTC 2011

Hello,

at the moment I am using a GFS2 setup with the following values for the
fencing daemon in the cluster config:

clean_start="1"
>> Documentation: "prevent any startup fencing the daemon might do"

post_join_delay="60"
>> Documentation: "number of seconds the daemon will wait before fencing
any victims after a node joins the domain"

If I set clean_start to 1 the post_join_delay paramter will have no sense
in my opinion. Or is there another reason I do not see, why to use
post_join_delay even though clean_start is set to 1?

Thanks for every reply.

Best wishes
Michael