[Linux-cluster] Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 86, Issue 15

Randy Zagar zagar at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 16 18:17:13 UTC 2011

On 06/16/2011 11:00 AM, Corey Kovacs <corey.kovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> My appologies for not getting back sooner. I am in the middle of a move.
>
> I cannot post my configs or logs (yeah, not helpful I know) but
> suffice it to say I strongly believe they are correct (I know,
> everyone says that). I've had other people look at them just make sure
> it wasn't a case of proofreading my own paper etc. and it always comes
> down to the umount failing. I have 6 other identical NFS services
> (save for the mount point/export location) and they all work
> flawlessly. That's why I am zeroing in on the use of '/home' as the
> culprit.
>
> Anyway, it's not a lot to go on I know, but I am just looking for
> directions to search for now.
>
> Thanks
>
> Corey

There are several other services that might be interfering with your
attempts to umount /home.  In addition to NFS, my list of usual suspects
includes: Apache, Samba, and Autofs.  If these, or any other services,
are configured to use users' home directories then you're going to have
problems with umount.

-RZ