[Linux-cluster] quorum dissolved but resources are still alive

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue May 31 17:05:17 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 12:22 PM, Martin Claudio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with a 2 node cluster with this conf:
>

> <clusternodes>
> <clusternode name="TEST1" nodeid="1" votes="1">
> <fence/>
> </clusternode>
> <clusternode name="TEST2" nodeid="2" votes="2">
> <fence/>
> </clusternode>
> </clusternodes>
> <cman expected_votes="2"/>

There are a couple of problems here; You need:

<cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1">

With a two-node, quorum is effectively useless, as a single node is
allowed to continue. Also, without proper fencing, things will not fail
properly. This means that you are in somewhat of an undefined area.

Can you setup proper fencing, make the <cman .../> change and then try
again? If the problem persists, please paste your entire cluster.conf
(please only alter passwords) along with the relevant sections of logs
from both nodes?

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."