[Linux-cluster] Issue with Conga on RHEL 5.7

W. E. W. Russell wewrussell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:48:55 UTC 2011

My name is William Russell and I'm new on this list.

I'm having an issue that I think is really simple, but I can't even figure
out where the problem is located.

I have installed 'luci' and 'ricci' on my main server and 'ricci' on my
other two servers. All servers are running the latest RHEL 5.7 with all the
yum updates (RHN registered with the Clustering entitlements).
When I create a new cluster, I get to the progress screen and that's where
everything falls apart. It just sits there for hours! It never creates the
cluster. The dot for "Install" NEVER fills in. After much research, I
understand what 'luci' is trying to do in terms of installing the packages
necessary to configure, manage, and run the cluster, but I have done the
'yum groupinstall clustering' on another sever and it took 10 mins, if that.

Communication between the servers has been verified - iptables is not
running, selinux is disabled.

If you need more information on the issue, feel free to ask. I looked at
the syslog and see no failures or errors. If anyone can even point me in
the direction of what might be causing the problem, it would be much
appreciated.

--
W. E. W. Russell
Director, Systems Intergration at incNETWORKS, Inc.

Active Alumni member of Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc.
Cell Phone # 732-744-6483