[Linux-cluster] Issue with Conga on RHEL 5.7

BONNETOT Jean-Daniel (EXT THALES) ext.thales.jean-daniel.bonnetot at sncf.fr
Wed Nov 2 08:42:29 UTC 2011

Hello,

We are many with same problem. Since RHEL 5.7, packages installation don't work from ricci.
For now, our solution is to install packages manually without using "groupinstall" command.

yum install cman rgmanager qdiskd ...

Regards,

Jean-Daniel BONNETOT
Ingénierie Système Aix & Linux

De : linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com] De la part de W. E. W. Russell
Envoyé : mardi 1 novembre 2011 21:49
À : linux-cluster at redhat.com
Cc : Gerardo Laracuente
Objet : [Linux-cluster] Issue with Conga on RHEL 5.7

My name is William Russell and I'm new on this list.

I'm having an issue that I think is really simple, but I can't even figure out where the problem is located.

I have installed 'luci' and 'ricci' on my main server and 'ricci' on my other two servers. All servers are running the latest RHEL 5.7 with all the yum updates (RHN registered with the Clustering entitlements).
When I create a new cluster, I get to the progress screen and that's where everything falls apart. It just sits there for hours! It never creates the cluster. The dot for "Install" NEVER fills in. After much research, I understand what 'luci' is trying to do in terms of installing the packages necessary to configure, manage, and run the cluster, but I have done the 'yum groupinstall clustering' on another sever and it took 10 mins, if that.

Communication between the servers has been verified - iptables is not running, selinux is disabled.

If you need more information on the issue, feel free to ask. I looked at the syslog and see no failures or errors. If anyone can even point me in the direction of what might be causing the problem, it would be much appreciated.

--
W. E. W. Russell
Director, Systems Intergration at incNETWORKS, Inc.

Active Alumni member of Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc.
Cell Phone # 732-744-6483

-------
Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont confidentiels. L'intégrité de ce message n'étant pas assurée sur Internet, la SNCF ne peut être tenue responsable des altérations qui pourraient se produire sur son contenu. Toute publication, utilisation, reproduction, ou diffusion, même partielle, non autorisée préalablement par la SNCF, est strictement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire.
-------
This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and are confidential. SNCF may not be held responsible for their contents whose accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, copying, or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete it.