[Linux-cluster] Fence_vmware_soap

Geovanis, Nicholas Nicholas.Geovanis at uscellular.com
Mon Nov 28 21:59:05 UTC 2011

RH Cluster Services on RHEL 5.7, all nodes running in Vmware VMs:
The only doc I can find on the fence_vmware_soap fencing agent is the
script itself and the man page for it. There is no background info in
either and no examples. I can get my Vcenter server to respond to a
"list" subcommand but anything else receives "Failed: Unable to obtain
correct plug status or plug is not available". Sadly, the "successful"
list only retrieves exactly 100 entries from one of the 8 (Vmware)
clusters running (same cluster every time, same 100 VMs and templates
every time).

So I need some serious clues with this script and I can't find a thing
useful out there. I don't think I should have to delve into the Vmware
SOAP API in order to use the fencing agent, but I'm running out of
options. Is there something better in the 6.x doc or someone out there
who can point me at some doc? Any help appreciated. Thanks......Nick

Nick Geovanis
US Cellular/Kforce Inc
e. Nicholas.Geovanis at uscellular.com