[Linux-cluster] Bringing up new cluster to life...

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Nov 29 20:51:52 UTC 2011

Hi !

We curently have a cluster running fine with RH 6.1, and now we are making a
second one in another location. They both share the same "public" network,
bridge with a lan-ex. Each cluster has it's own private lan for the "totem"
communication.

Now, I made, for the new cluster, 3 of the 8 machines run and attached to
the local fiber channel network.

Each node has 2 nics, one for the public services, and one for the corosync
communcation.

My very basic config looks like :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="1001" name="CyberClusterAS">
  <cman/>
  <logging debug="off"/>
  <gfs_controld plock_ownership="1" plock_rate_limit="500"/>
  <clusternodes>
    <clusternode name="node201.lan.cybercat.priv" nodeid="1">
      <fence>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
    <clusternode name="node202.lan.cybercat.priv" nodeid="2">
      <fence>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
    <clusternode name="node203.lan.cybercat.priv" nodeid="3">
      <fence>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
  </clusternodes>
  <fencedevices>
  </fencedevices>
  <rm>
  </rm>
</cluster>

node(201|202|203).lan.cybercat.priv is not in our dns and is in each of the
nodes host file, and points to local ip in a dedicated vlan. I can ping and
ssh from one node to the other.

I did scp my cluster.conf file to the 3 nodes, and when I try to do a
"service cman start" and I get this :

Starting cluster:
   Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot...        [  OK  ]
   Checking Network Manager...                             [  OK  ]
   Global setup...                                         [  OK  ]
   Mounting configfs...                                    [  OK  ]
   Starting cman...                                        [  OK  ]
   Waiting for quorum... Timed-out waiting for cluster
                                                           [FAILED]

iptables is running, I tried it with iptables off, same results.

So I wonder if anyone have a brilliant idea as to why I am not able to bring
up this cluster...