[Linux-cluster] Luci can't install packages

Jan Pokorny jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 14:33:40 UTC 2011

Hi and pardon me for late reply,

On 09/16/2011 02:54 PM, BONNETOT Jean-Daniel (EXT THALES) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Usually I used manal installation but I need to process throu Luci. My
> problem is present with RHEL 5.7 and RHEL 6.0 (luci and ricci), with
> RHEL 5.6 it works correctly.
>
> I used "Create" new cluster and add my nodes (options arenot important,
> the problem is always here) and submit…
>
> "Please wait..."
>
> Creating node "node1" for cluster "clutest": installing packages
>
> Creating node "node2" for cluster "clutest": installing packages
>
> I waited ;) but nothing. My process list on nodes says :
>
> 4166 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/sbin/oddjobd -p /var/run/oddjobd.pid -t 300
>
> 22343 ? S 0:00 \_ ricci-modrpm
>
> 22355 ? S 0:01 \_ /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/yum -y list all
>
> 4221 ? S<s 0:09 ricci -u 236
>
> 22342 ? S<s 0:00 /usr/libexec/ricci/ricci-worker -f
> /var/lib/ricci/queue/1952735127
>
> Nothing append, yum -y list all stay blocked… this command works well
> manually.
>
> I found some people with same problem on centos lists but no answers :(
>
> Do you know what can trouble ricci ? Have someone already same problem ?

This is a known issue (I contributed to the fix) that should fixed in
upcoming ricci/conga RHEL 5.7 (and also 5.6, see below) package update
and the fix should be present in RHEL 5.8 as well.

I haven't tried RHEL 5.6 version regarding this issue but with 5.7,
I was reproducing it reliably.  The same part identified as problematic
with ricci is present also in RHEL 5.6 package(s), so it's interesting
you haven't run into this with 5.6 in the same scenario as with 5.7.
Can you please provide which package version have you been using there
and which platform it was?

Regarding RHEL 6.x, I could reproduce the problem only extremely rarely
(i.e., once in tens of tries of two-nodes cluster creation, and it was
only a single node exposing that buggy behavior, the other was fine).

Therefore, I would be glad if you could provide details of your
reproducer (platform, ricci package version, the rate of successful
reproducing the issue, whether it is in "create cluster" scenario
only and maybe other circumstances such as if SELinux is used in
enforcing mode).

Thanks for your feedback (either on the list or via PM),
will be appreciated,

Jan