[Linux-cluster] Compiling DLM for OpenAIS/Corosync

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:10:45 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded the latest version of the cman stack to enable
Pacemaker+OCFS2 support on our test environment.
For production we will obviously use fencing however, it's not
required for our prototype. That being said, is it ok to
compile cman without group, rgmanager? And as mentioned before, I have
also excluded cman and fence. For a
configure:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --without_cman --without_group
--without_fence --without_rgmanager
--corosyncincdir=/usr/include/corocync
--corosynclibdir=/usr/var/lib/corosync
openaisincdir=/usr/include/openais --corosyncbin=/usr/sbin/corosync

Does this exclude anything needed for dlm, and o2cb support for pcmk?

A slightly off topic question. What network filesystems are your guys
comfortable with using in a production system (Lusture, GFS2, OCFS2).
I hope
I am not opening up a can of worms, just a simple question.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick from Toronto.