[Linux-cluster] How to run same service in parallel in RedHat Cluster 5.0

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Fri Sep 30 21:30:24 UTC 2011

On 09/30/2011 02:24 PM, Ruben Sajnovetzky wrote:

> Sorry, I was out yesterday and most of today!
> I got, finally, somehow running partially what I need:
>
>     I created two resources with different mounting point as:
>
>         /opt/Central
>         /opt/Collector
>
> At least is a workaround doable because the application can be installed
> anywhere (installation parameter).
>
> The issue I'm facing now is that I don't see the way to run same service in
> more than one node at same time (parallel) and without that, I'm pusshed to
> install at /opt/CollectorX, where X is the number of Collector and that will
> not be accepted.
>
> Any clue if such "parallel" running can be implemented?
>
> Thanks

Yup, just put the <fs ...> entries in parallel, rather than as child
elements.

ie:

	<service ...>
		<fs ... />
		<fs ... />
	</service

RGManager will then start the two FS resources in parallel and without
dependencies.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"