[Linux-cluster] Redhat without qdisk

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:48:07 UTC 2012

Hello Aderson

Talking about the delay parameter, I think the people work in the redhat
support doesn't the man pages

Because i hate the work around of using delay in the fencing session

I found some times ago
 master_wins="0"
            If set to 1 (on), only the qdiskd master will advertise its
votes to CMAN.  In  a  network  partition,  only  the
            qdisk master will provide votes to CMAN.  Consequently, that
node will automatically "win" in a fence race.

And i can tell you work well, just the master fence the passive node

I would to know

what are the necessary requirements to work in redhat?

Because i received some many stupid answers for the support

One example

The fisrt time i found a fencing Race
The Redhat answer was

I see you use a cluster private network and public, you can use a *heuristics
for monitor both networks
Other Redhat Limitation, the ip.sh doesn't monitor the connectivity with
gateway just the Link*

I don't whay Redhat doesn't change this type of cluster

I prefer corosync+pacemaker