[Linux-cluster] fencing issue in 2 nodes cluster

Heiko Nardmann heiko.nardmann at itechnical.de
Fri Aug 3 07:40:24 UTC 2012

Am 03.08.2012 09:12, schrieb AKIN ÿffffffffffd6ZTOPUZ:
> Hi
> thanks all repilies
>  I added verbose parameter into fence agent line in cluster.conf
> according to  Heiko (verbose="true",method="onoff")
> and I read the web link sent by Digimer .I tested fencing using
>   "echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger" on  node1.
> after that I saw fencing occured and related services    moved to
> other node properly.
> in this case    can we say , fencing is ok ?    or also should I  use
> fence_node command   on node   for being sure?

No errors anymore? Did you reduce the number of parameters as Digimer
suggested? Then it would be maybe interesting for others to see your
working fence configuration as configured inside cluster.conf.

I would suggest to test a little bit too much than doing not enough
testing ... ;-) ... debugging afterwards is more costly than doing
testing before ...

So my recommendation would be to test that manually started fencing,
too, to see whether any messages/errors appear.

After that you are probably fine ...

Kind regards,

     Heiko