[Linux-cluster] cannot run cluster service

Alfred Gumbs gumbs.alfred at att.net
Thu Oct 11 17:49:25 UTC 2012

I'm not certain of your complete configuration.  However looking at the entry that you placed in the volume_list.  It looks like you listed the VG that is part of your cluster's resource group.  However, the volume_lists should actually list all the volume groups that are not part of the cluster.

The VG's in the volume_list are actually the ones that the system needs to bring up.  The volume group that are part of the cluster will be brought up by rgmanager, so they should not  be in volumes_list.  The reason for the system panic is because the required volume groups were not listed in volume_list.  So the kernel could not varyon the system VG.

If I have mistakenly interprettted what you've done I'm sorry.