[Linux-cluster] GFS2 filesystem freeze issue

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 14:29:54 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
| Hi to all,
|
| I have setup a 2 node's RHEL cluster that have access to an iscsi
| volume
| formatted in GFS2.
| All work perfectly, except when i try to freeze/unfreeze
| the filesystem using gfs2_tool.
|
| 1st case (all work's fine):
|   root at node1# gfs2_tool freeze /mnt/gfs2-data
|   root at node1# gfs2_tool unfreeze /mnt/gfs2-data
|
| 2nd case (error):
|   root at node1# gfs2_tool freeze /mnt/gfs2-data
|   root at node1# echo 1 > /mnt/gfs2-data/testfile
|
| at this point the echo command is (correctly) waiting for write. In
| another session:
|   root at node1# gfs2_tool unfreeze /mnt/gfs2-data
|
| even this and all subsequent command involving this mountpoint remain
| "freezed"
|

| Regards
|
| --
| *Mauro Parente*
| INNOVATION CONSULTING
| Via F.lli Biancheri, 1 - 18012 Bordighera - ITALY
|
| --

Hi Mauro,

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but Eric Sandeen posted a GFS2
patch to cluster-devel that may solve the problem:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2012-September/msg00014.html
As far as I know, it hasn't been pushed upstream yet, but will be soon.

What kernel are you running when you get this?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems