[Linux-cluster] How can i configure fence_cisco_ucs with redhat cluster suite

Arpit Tolani arpittolani at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 22:24:57 UTC 2012

Hello

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Ben .T.George <bentech4you at gmail.com>wrote:

> HI
>

> How can i configure fence_cisco_ucs with redhat cluster suite.
>

> i was trying to configure fencing aganet with red ahat cluster suite
>

> i issued command
>

> #  /usr/sbin/fence_vmware_soap -a 172.22.90.61 -l admin -p duc2Cisco -o
> reboot

Use

$ fence_cisco_ucs -z --ip=1.1.1.1 --username=admin
--password=some_password --plug=SomePlug_1 --suborg=org-RHEL -v

If you dont want to use SSL, then remove -z Here is a sample fence devices
section:

<fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_cisco_ucs" ipaddr="<IP
ADDR>" login="ucs-login" name="ucs" passwd="12345"
suborg="<organization>"/>
</fencedevice>

> then i got below error:
>

> Failed: You have to enter plug number
>
> Please use '-h' for usage
>

> what is this plug number and from where can i get this plug number.?

I am not sure, Someone will peek in & update.

> I am new to this Cisco UCS, becuase this hardware is provided my some
> other team and i am the one installing Red Hat cluster suite. I requested
> fencing agent configuration with Cisco, and that guy dosen't know what is
> fencing..
>

> please help me, because of this issue, production got delayed
>

> regards,
>
> Ben

Regards
Arpit Tolani