[Linux-cluster] Oracle failover cluster, whole /u01 on shared storage?

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:27:34 UTC 2013

Hello Cristian

I don't understand what it's your problem, i have two redhat cluster with
oracle with this config

node1+node2(oracle+ext3fs+lvm+san), the oracle datafiles && oracle home are
on san, if i need do some work, i make it on the node where the service are
active

Thanks

2013/3/29 Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

> On 03/29/2013 06:02 AM, Cristian Mammoli wrote:
>
>> On 25/03/2013 22:33, Cristian Mammoli wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not talking about rac and/or gfs, just a plain old active/passive
>>> cluster. What's the right way to implement it?
>>> As far as I understand the easiest way is to put the whole $ORACLE_HOME
>>> on shared storage (SAN) and mount it on the active node.
>>> But in this way I loose the chance to do "rolling updates":
>>> Update Oracle software on node2, migrate instance to node2, update
>>> software on node1 ecc
>>>
>>> If install Oracle software on each node and put database files on shared
>>> storage (eg. /u02) there are some files which reside inside $ORACLE_HOME
>>> anyway (spfile, listener, audit trail ecc). How do I keep them in sync?