[Linux-cluster] Oracle failover cluster, whole /u01 on shared storage?

Cristian Mammoli c.mammoli at apra.it
Fri Mar 29 13:13:05 UTC 2013

On 29/03/2013 11:27, emmanuel segura wrote:
> Hello Cristian
>
> I don't understand what it's your problem, i have two redhat cluster
> with oracle with this config
>
> node1+node2(oracle+ext3fs+lvm+san), the oracle datafiles && oracle home
> are on san, if i need do some work, i make it on the node where the
> service are active

Yes, this is the simpliest setup. But if you need for example to install
an Oracle patch you have to take offline the db until done. If would be
possible to keep oracle_home on each node you could install the patch on
the passive node, failover, install on the active one and failback.

--
Cristian Mammoli
APRA SISTEMI srl

Web www.apra.it