[Linux-cluster] Permission denied

Neale Ferguson neale at sinenomine.net
Mon Oct 13 21:10:16 UTC 2014

I put some debug code into the gfs2 module and I see it failing the mount
at this point:

/*
         * If user space has failed to join the cluster or some similar
         * failure has occurred, then the journal id will contain a
         * negative (error) number. This will then be returned to the
         * caller (of the mount syscall). We do this even for spectator
         * mounts (which just write a jid of 0 to indicate "ok" even though
         * the jid is unused in the spectator case)
         */
        if (sdp->sd_lockstruct.ls_jid < 0) {

Now to find out who¹s stick -PERM into ls_jid.

Neale