[Linux-cluster] Problems building fence-agents from source
Bryn M. Reeves
bmr at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 14:45:56 UTC 2014
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:49:45AM -0200, Alan Evangelista wrote:
> I'm trying to build fence-agents from source (master branch) on CentOS 6.5.
> I already installed the following rpm packages (dependencies): autoconf,
> automake, gcc, libtool, nss, nss-devel. When I tried to run ./autogen.sh,
> I got:
You might find it easier to just rebuild the RPMs using either rpmbuild or
a tool like mock.
> ./configure: line 18284: syntax error near unexpected token `suds,'
> ./configure: line 18284: `AC_PYTHON_MODULE(suds, 1)'
I'd guess this is because you're missing the python-suds package:
# yum list | grep python-suds
python-suds.noarch 0.4.1-3.el6 @rhel-x86_64-server-6
python-suds is a Python SOAP client library.
If you check the BuildRequires in the fence-agents.spec file you'll see:
# Build dependencies
BuildRequires: perl python
BuildRequires: nss-devel nspr-devel
BuildRequires: libxslt pexpect
BuildRequires: automake autoconf pkgconfig libtool
BuildRequires: net-snmp-utils perl-Net-Telnet
> I never had this problem before with earlier fence-agents versions.
> Am I missing something or is there an issue with upstream code?
I'd guess it's a required dependency for the fence_vmware_soap agent.
The BuildRequires and f_v_s scripts were added in 3.1.4-1.el6 back
* Tue Jun 7 2011 Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com> - 3.1.4-1
- Rebase package on top of new upstream
- spec file update:
* update spec file copyright date
* update upstream URL
* drop all patches
* update list of fence_agents (ibmblade listed twice, bladecenter_snmp deprecated)
* drop libxml2-devel libvirt-devel clusterlib-devel corosynclib-devel and
openaislib-devel from BuildRequires
* make ready to enable fence_vmware_soap
* update and clean configure and build section.
* create bladecenter_snmp compat symlink at rpm install time
* update file list to include scsi_check script
More information about the Linux-cluster