[Linux-cluster] Working of a two-node cluster

Jatin Davey jashokda at cisco.com
Fri Apr 24 12:12:05 UTC 2015

Hi

I am using a two node cluster using RHEL 6.5. I have a very fundamental
question.

For the two node cluster to work , Is it mandatory that both the nodes
are "online" and communicating with each other ?

What i can see is that if there is communication failure between them
then either both the nodes are fenced or the cluster gets into a
"stopped" state (Seen from output of clustat command).

Apologies if my questions are naive. I am just starting to work with
RHEL cluster add-on.

Thanks
Jatin