[Linux-cluster] GFS2 over NFS4

Thorvald Hallvardsson thorvald.hallvardsson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:16:46 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

@Fabio I have just realised that I have no fencing device at all as STONITH
is set to false however some of my resources are set to fence when fail :/.
There is really no choice for Hyper-V unless I will compile my own version
of libvirt :(.

@Mohd this is what I actually trying to use. I managed to find out that
localflocks needs to be used to mount GFS2 on the exporting nodes and
basically my cluster is configured meeting all requirements in that
document. So generally the idea is a bit complex to be honest. I'm going to
have multiple nodes with shared VHDX mounted on each node on the cluster.
However each share will be allocated to separate VIP and each node will
export different resources. Resources are going to be linked to the IPs so
by doing that all nodes in the cluster will be utilised and at the same
time each node from the cluster would be able to take over all resources.

Maybe someone has different ideas ?

Regards,
TH