[linux-lvm] Vote for LVM

Kolb, Mark MKolb at srhs.org
Thu Aug 26 14:16:07 UTC 1999

Hello All,

I have been working with IBM's LVM for three years and I find it an
invaluable tool.  I can think of several times in recent history that I have
bailed production systems out by the ability to extend filesystems on the
fly.  From this point of view alone I would like to see an option for LVM in
the Linux kernel as soon as is possible.  Having a good volume manager also
simplifies the take-over of resources in a High-Availability environment.

Coupling LVM with a logging/journaling filesystem on Linux is the computer
nirvana that I hope to base my career on over the next years.  Thanks for
listening.

Mark Kolb
Systems Engineer
Information Services, Network Management
The Hospital of Saint Raphael
New Haven, CT 06511
Phone: (203) 789-3791
e-mail: mkolb at srhs.org