[linux-lvm] LVM, raw-io, devfs

Fernando Dammous ferdam at internetcom.com.br
Fri Oct 1 02:48:23 UTC 1999

Hi all,

 I would like help from the more experts in this matter, because I fear that I can in some way to lose or to corrupt my FS under LVM.

LVM 0.7 is installed (built into the kernel, which is still in the version 2.0.36) and working perfectly, with the root filesystem and swap in a LV (boot with initrd).

Now, I would like to install the devfs and mainly the raw-io.

Can I install them in a kernel 2.0.36, which is already patched with LVM?

Should I apply the patches in which order (first devfs, later the raw-io, or vice versa)?

I intend to install Oracle8 using raw-io.
The devfs isn't so important for me (should it be ?).

If anyone knows about restrictions or some clues I would thank a lot.

Thanks in advance

Fernando