[linux-lvm] Cannot access VG due to "hd error"

Justin Hamilton JHamilton at Earthling.Net
Wed Aug 2 09:47:53 UTC 2000

Hi there Michelic,

I believe this is a Kernel issue.  Take a look at the following, I think it
fits you needs:

ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support
->IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices
--->Use multi-mode by default

CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE:

If you get this error, try to say Y here:
hda: set_multmode: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: set_multmode: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
If in doubt, say N.

Hope that helps.

Justin