[linux-lvm] Can I use LVM with ReiserFS?

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Wed Dec 20 17:31:06 UTC 2000

I'm getting ready to install a server that will use hardware RAID 5
and I want to make a hardware RAID volume, put ReiserFS on it and
initially make it appear as /home to my users. Then at some point
later, I want to take another hardware RAID volume, put ReiserFS on
it and add it to the existing /home so that users all of a sudden see
a huge increase in the size of /home. Can this be done or will my use
of ReiserFS make it a problem?

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu