[linux-lvm] problems compiling andreas' 3.4 userland tools under test11-pre1

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Thu Nov 9 03:23:07 UTC 2000

Patrick Kane writes:
> I'm trying to get the 0.8final-3.4 to compile under test11-pre1, with no
> luck.  I get all sorts of gcc parse errors in linux/lvm.h and liblvm.h.
>
> I've tried compiling the tools with and without Andreas' 2.4 patch.  It
> fails both ways.

The 2.4 patch you refer to is lvm-0.8final-2.4-kernel.diff?  Is it
possible you applied it to /usr/src/linux-2.4*/include/linux/lvm.h but
there isn't a symlink /usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux
(i.e. you are running Debian or something)?

Alternately, you can simply change linux/lvm.h to lib/lvm.h and it should
compile.

Cheers, Andreas