[linux-lvm] problem on booting

Robert Perkuhn robatp at dorf.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Tue Nov 14 18:39:22 UTC 2000

Hi!

Stupid question:

I've got RedHat 7 with 2.4.0-test-10. LVM works fine (1 VG over 2disks
(hda5/hdc5), two LV mounted), except that the LVs are not auto-mounted
in the boot-process. He hangs when the first LV is about to be mounted.
When I put the LVs out of the fstab everything is fine.

I guess the reason is that the VG ist not set active. Because when I
mount the LVs manually, I first have to activate the VG (every time).

How can I make the LVM auto-activate the VG in the boot process?

thx for a little HELP !!!

bye

robatp