[linux-lvm] [RFC] LVM mainatainance release

Jan Niehusmann jan at gondor.com
Thu Oct 26 23:15:12 UTC 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 09:52:48PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> If no one else is interested I would like to take the job and try
> to get a 0.8.1 out. This should consist of a fixed tools tarball
> and a patch for Linux 2.2.

Yes, please do it! :-)

As Heinz seems to release his next version as 0.9, there will be no numbering
conflicts, and even if your 0.8.1 will not be 'made official' by him, it'll
be a common ground for further 0.8 bugfixing.

Heinz did a great job with LVM, but still I bet 0.9 will have some
nasty new bugs, so people using LVM on production systems will prefer
using 0.8+patches over 0.9 for some time.

The problem I have with Andreas' RPMs is, that there are no announcements
of new versions (at least not on any mailing list I read), so I need to
regularily check if they contain some new patches I need. And tar is more
convenient for people not using rpm.

Jan