[linux-lvm] with 2.4.1, should I use beta2 or beta3 lvm-tools?

Joe Thornber joe at 66bassett.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 16:56:42 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:25:33AM -0500, Gregory McLean wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Joe Thornber wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:15:25AM +0100, Håkan Jettingstad wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Just a quick question, kernel 2.4.1 contains lvm 0.9.1beta2, so I'm
> > > wondering do I have to use the beta2 lvm-tools or can I use the beta3
> > > lvm-tools with that kernel, or do I have to wait for a beta3 patch for the
> > > 2.4.1 kernel?
> >
> > Please use the latest code if you can.  The LVM tar balls will build a
> > patch for your kernel.  If you don't want to patch your kernel
>
> That won't apply cleanly.. I got lots of conflicts that I didn't have the
> time to sort properly.

2.4.1 hadn't been released when we made the beta3 tarball.  If you
want to make a beta3 patch for the kernel create an empty file call
PATCHES/fragments-2.4.1 (2.4.1 needs no extra fragments) then run
PATCHES/make.  That should remove all the conflicts.

Or checkout the LVM_0-9-patches branch of CVS.

- Joe