[linux-lvm] Snapshots with 2.4.1?

Tracy R Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Wed Feb 7 22:25:10 UTC 2001

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 04:56:42PM +0000, Joe Thornber wrote:
> 2.4.1 hadn't been released when we made the beta3 tarball.  If you
> want to make a beta3 patch for the kernel create an empty file call
> PATCHES/fragments-2.4.1 (2.4.1 needs no extra fragments) then run
> PATCHES/make.  That should remove all the conflicts.

I need to get snapshots working with 2.4.1. I've tried using just the
straight LVM that comes with the kernel and I have tried applying the
patches as described above. I either case, when I uncomment:

#define LVM_VFS_ENHANCEMENT

in drivers/md/lvm.c to enable the hooks for snapshots the compile fails:

drivers/md/mddev.o: In function `lvm_do_lv_create':
drivers/md/mddev.o(.text+0x11bdb): undefined reference to `fsync_dev_lockfs'
drivers/md/mddev.o(.text+0x11c90): undefined reference to `unlockfs'

Can someone point out what else I am missing?

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
-- Henry Spencer