[linux-lvm] lv extend

Patrick Caulfield caulfield at sistina.com
Mon Feb 5 12:59:08 UTC 2001

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 07:45:55AM -0500, S. Michael Denton wrote:

> Yes, printing the informative message may be a good idea as long as
> it doesn't interfere with function (ie no 'hit enter to continue' or
> anything like that). :)

Wouldn't it be better to use e2fsadm? That will ajust the filesystem and the LV
in the correct order depending on whether you are extending or reducing the LV.

The message is only a resonable idea for extending - if you are reducing the
message would e something like "I hope you remembered to reduce your
filesystem/tablespace first!"

patrick