[linux-lvm] lv extend

Erik Bågfors erik at bagfors.nu
Mon Feb 5 21:17:03 UTC 2001

On 05 Feb 2001 14:34:45 -0500,  wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0102051355290.698-100000 at munster.noc.fr.clara.net> you write:
> >
> > It worked any way :-) Using e2fsadm. I succesfully resized my /home
> > But what about changing an important 'partition' like /usr ? Do I have to
> > do it with a rescue disk or something.
>
> FYI, reiserfs apparently allows resizing of a mounted filesystem.
> Mind you, I'd do a backup before trying anything resembling that, but
> then backing up before resizing is always a good idea.

I have resized reiserfs online alot.  I have never had any problems with
it.  Am at the point
where I don't do backups at all because everything just works so good.

Ofcourse.. I live alittle bit dangerous when doing that I know...

/Erik

--
Erik Bågfors               | http://erik.bagfors.nu/
erik at bagfors.nu            | Erik.Bagfors at engohol.se
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273
fingerprint: 6666 A85B 95D3 D26B 296B 6C60 4F32 2C0B 693D 6E32