[linux-lvm] Startup/Shutdown scripts for RH6.2?

Gashaw Mengistu gashaw at asosa.org
Tue Feb 20 11:19:54 UTC 2001

I had the same problem too at one time. But I added appended script in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit right after the RAID initialization and right before
the file system starts getting checked (before _RUN_QUOTACHECK). I added
the stop script in /etc/init.d/halt.
I found this script in the group archive.

## LVM
#scan for VGs and create /dev entries.
if [ -x /sbin/vgscan -a -d /proc/lvm ]; then
       action "LVM: Scanning for Volume Groups" /sbin/vgscan
fi
#activate all VGs
if [ -x /sbin/vgchange -a -e /proc/lvm ]; then
       action "LVM: Activating Volume Groups" /sbin/vgchange -ay
fi
## End LVM

Hope this helps