[linux-lvm] Re: *** ANNOUNCEMENT *** LVM 0.9.1 beta1 available at www.sistina.com

Charles Duffy cduffy at mvista.com
Tue Jan 16 20:10:46 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:51:18AM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> If you're prepared to do the work we'd be glad to accept the patch -
> please send it to me or the list so I can check over it before
> committing it. As we don't have an UltraSPARC available for testing
> it's probably better done by someone who does !

I have an Ultra-1 available, presently in use as a prototyping system.
It's not currently using LVM and there's no unpartitioned space on the
drive, but if one of the core developers (or otherwise someone I have
reason to trust) wants to try testing LVM over loopback (or something
of that sort), I can provide access.

I don't have the time to do testing myself, unless someone can provide
a specific set of instructions (ie. the nature of an expected bug is
known; the only question is its presence).

Btw, I can only promise availability for about a week or so; the
machine may become a production system after that time.