[linux-lvm] Re: *** ANNOUNCEMENT *** LVM 0.9.1 beta1 available at www.sistina.com

Patrick Caulfield caulfield at sistina.com
Wed Jan 17 10:16:30 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 12:10:46PM -0800, Charles Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:51:18AM +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> >
> > If you're prepared to do the work we'd be glad to accept the patch -
> > please send it to me or the list so I can check over it before
> > committing it. As we don't have an UltraSPARC available for testing
> > it's probably better done by someone who does !
>
> I have an Ultra-1 available, presently in use as a prototyping system.
> It's not currently using LVM and there's no unpartitioned space on the
> drive, but if one of the core developers (or otherwise someone I have
> reason to trust) wants to try testing LVM over loopback (or something
> of that sort), I can provide access.

I was hoping that Anton would volunteer as per his message in linux-kernel :-)

Having looked in (too much) depth at the code I decided I don't know enough
about Ultra-SPARCs to be able to do this on some else's machine.

I've worked fairly extensively on Alphas (which are a pure 64 bit machine)
but the sparc seems to have some bizarre 32 bit modes I know nothing about.

patrick