[linux-lvm] Request for misalignment tests

Ed Tomlinson tomlins at cam.org
Tue Jul 3 13:52:36 UTC 2001

On July 3, 2001 06:01 am, Heinz J. Mauelshagen wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:18:21PM +0200, Werner John wrote:
> > Dear Heinz
> >
> > Heinz J. Mauelshagen writes:
> > > Jorg,
> > >
> > > please avoid recent CVS and if possible don't create PVs with
> > > LVM versions > 0.9.1 Beta 5.
> >
> > What if we have already done this some month ago?
>
> It can only have hapend after 0.9.1 Beta 6 came out in March.
> My provided one liner test shows you if it is the case then.
>
> > pvmove until everything is fixed?
>
> After it is fixed and your installation is update to the next LVM release
> yuu should be able to pvmove PEs to other (temporary) PVs which are created
> with new tools and correct alignment.
>
> > Will there be a tool to fix bad PVs in
> > use?
>
> Unlikely :-(

This is going to be a _major_ PITA here.  March to July is a long period.  I could live
with a tolleration mode.   Everything on my system is in LVM (excepting a small recovery
partition).  My largest PV is corrupted...

Hopefully something can be done to make this beta error a little less painfull - Please.

TIA,

Ed Tomlinson