[linux-lvm] Re: pvmove failure ...

Timshel Knoll timshel at pobox.com
Sat Jun 9 00:48:22 UTC 2001

[please CC all replies to me, I don't read mail from this list]

> The ENXIO error is returned if the vg you are trying to move does not
> exist (at least that's what it looks like).  This is returned from
> within the kernel when vg_ptr = NULL inside lvm_do_pe_lock_unlock().
>
> It would _appear_ that /dev/vg0/group is pointing to a bogus device.
> In lvm_chr_open() you are allowed to open non-existent devices (so
> that you can create new devices if desired).
>
>When was the last time you ran vgscan and/or rebooted?  Did you do anything
>strange in the meantime?

I had just rebooted before I ran pvmove. The vg0 vg is definately a
valid vg ... I think I ran vgscan during the process of trying to get it
all to work, and nothing strange came up ...

I'll be away for the next couple of days, so I won't be recieving email
during that time ...

Thanks,

Timshel

--
   Timshel Knoll <timshel at pobox.com>  for Debian email: <timshel at debian.org>
                Geomatics/Computer Science double degree, RMIT
                For GnuPG public key: finger timshel at debian.org